This summer I decided to take on the daunting task of making an iOS app. Specifically, a game. But I didn't do this alone. Me and 40 other people in the NYC region, and even more in the Palo Alto and San Francisco regions took on this task as well. We have help from MakeGamesWith.us. MakeGameWithUs teaches people how to design, code, manage, and market your own iOS game in 8 weeks. Monday through Friday 9-5 we each work on our own projects. With the help of the instructors, we are learning to code at levels that none of us have really coded at yet.
I have two more weeks left of the summer academy, affectionately know as CRUNCH TIME. We are learning the art of polishing our game. Adding the finishing touches to the gameplay, adding analytics, and getting everything ready for launch. This experience has been wonderful. I have learned more this summer than I have in a few semesters at school. Besides learning, we have the opportunity to meet more tech workers and founders. The ability to talk to and learn from people who have felt like us at some point is great. Now time for more coding. Are you ready for the Commute from Hell?
No comments:
Post a Comment